I can’t even believe I am able to say this…FINALLY!
I won the freaking lottery!!
It wasn’t the big one. None of that unbelievable $360 something million dollars but I did win a huge chunk of change with five numbers!
It’s been a really strange week trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row and that I do not go overboard with it.
It’s life changing but it’s not like I’ll be able to retire and live on the beach in a multi-million dollar home. I’m still going to be here in Ohio and teaching in the fall. I do have a plan though.
I always have a plan! For once, this one can actually work.
1. Pay off all credit card debt. I’m at about $12,000ish right now. Boom! Gone.
2. Pay off student loan debt. I’ve got a nice chunk of change there thanks to grad school. I’ll pay that off as well!
3. Pay my mom back. I think I’m going to give her about 25% because she truly deserves it. She’s helped me out so much. I’ll never be able to repay her back fully but I hope this helps.
4. Put 10% in a fund for each child. This is for them to use to go to college, buy a home or fund their dreams as an adult.
5. Put away a 6 month emergency fund that is easier to access.
6. Put away money to buy a used car, but not until this one dies. No use in getting rid of it now, I really love my car.
7. Take the kids to Disney World after I graduate in August! We are going to do it up right! They will be so excited!
8. Invest! Invest! Invest!
That’s it. I’m not buying a house or anything but I do plan to start saving for a down payment on a condo or something once I start teaching. I’ll be able to do that easier since I’ll be debt free.
I can not even begin to tell you the amount of stress that has left my body in the past week. It’s been truly amazing to sleep soundly knowing I don’t have to worry as much about our future.
What a dream come true! And it all begin with just $1.
What would you do if you won a small fortune?
And if you haven’t guessed already….Happy April Fools Day!
It was fun to dream for a moment!
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.Disclosure: You should assume that I am an affiliate for providers of goods and services mentioned on this website. I may be compensated when you purchase after clicking on a link. I may also have received the product for free. Perform due diligence before purchasing from this or any other website.